Assignment: Steve Jobs' 2005 Stanford Commencement Address

 


    Steve Jobs gave an address at 2005 Stanford commencement, which has become one of the most inspirational and remarkable speech worldwide over the past decades. Thousands of people around the world have been deeply inspired by this speech, and I am one of them. Steve Jobs used his own life experiences to deliver valuable lessons, and his sense of humor made the whole speech more entertaining and even more enjoyable, which successfully caught audience's full attention. I was struck by the stories he shared and the profound meaning behind them; following are the sentences quoting from his speech that I found very relatable and motivating:

"You've got to find what you love."

"Sometimes life hits you in the head with a brick, don't lose faith."

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life."

"Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your inner voice."

"Stay hungry, stay foolish."

The reason why this speech have influenced me a lot is because I am currently in the state where I feel utterly disoriented towards my future. I can't find my passion in my current major; thus I'm still searching for the unknown; however, the biggest obstacle along the way is myself, due to the fact that I tend to be very susceptible to other peoples' perception of me, and therefore I think too much before I take the actions. This speech gives me the courage to follow my heart and pursuit my ambition, and I realized that caring too much about others' opinion will only hold my back, so from now on I will start listening to my inner voice.
Thank you, Steve Jobs, for inspiring me significantly, and I believe this speech will continuously encourage the future generations.



留言

熱門文章