Assignment: Inside The Mind of A Master Procrastinator

   


     After watching the inspiring Ted talk: Inside The Mind of A Master Procrastinator, I have to confess  that I am a representative of a master procrastinator for the reason that I procrastinate all the time. I procrastinate on a wide array of things, from daily routines, like doing chores and my bedtime, to things with deadlines, such as assignments and upcoming exams, to long-term goals, like learning a foreign language and preparing for the graduate school...You guys can tell how serious my condition is😅

    The reason why I procrastinate so much is because the "Instant Gratification Monkey" in my brain which the speaker mentioned plays a big role in my life. A part of me is well aware of the importance of managing my time properly, while the other evil part of me often indulges myself in instant pleasure. I believe my hedonistic lifestyle can be attributed to one of my life quotes: "Live in the moment.".

    Nonetheless, even though I am happy at the moment, I regret a lot when I have to pull the all-nighters to meet the deadlines afterwards, and therefore, I want to overcome this illness. Here is the strategy to combat my procrastination: I am going to make a to-do list, and I will reward myself after crossing each one of them; in this way not only can I finish things and chase my goals but also satisfy my self-indulgence needs at the same time. I think I'm already making some progress now since I am writing this essay before the due date comes, so I am pretty proud of myself😊



留言

  1. This assignment seems to be your first step. Keep it up!

    回覆刪除
  2. I hope you can overcome this illness. And also be wise. (smile)

    回覆刪除
  3. Totally agree! Nice strategy, Elaine.😆

    回覆刪除
  4. I'm very proud of you too!!

    回覆刪除
  5. Let's work together to overcome procrastination!!

    回覆刪除
  6. I'm also going to learn from your the strategy to combat procrastination.😂

    回覆刪除

張貼留言

熱門文章